06 April 2013

The best time to study


M Y  P O I N T
After receiving a lot of opinions on opposite sides about 'the best time for studying', I wanna write so bad though other things are occupying my time right now along with regular life.
I know that many people wonder when they can study more effectively (time of day). The answer can be very controversial. 
While some of my friends like to get up early in the morning and study, most will say that late night studying is most productive. When it comes to brain power, they will say they perform better at night. I Do Agree because science seems to agree too.
But That Can Be A Problem! School starts early in the morning for most students, so the benefits of studying at night can be eliminated by the drowsiness of missing sleep. And i think it cannot deny that the amount of sleep you get will affect your academic performance.


T H E   A N S W E R   I S . . .
You should figure out if you are a morning person or a night person. You might surprise yourself. Try getting up early to study and see if it works out.
The Second Things I wanna share is the advices of Lara lomubus who can communicate with 10 languages that i mentioned in the previous posts. I learned from her and it really worked for me.
Studies have indicated that we are quite ambitious in the morning. This is because we have just woken up from what should have been a restful sleep. Since this is the time at which we are the most refreshed, our brains are going to take in information a lot better.
The best time to study is in the morning, when our brain is fresh, our study will not be disturbed by various outside activities. Before going to sleep is also a good time because there will be no more information interrupting your memory once you are a sleep. 
Studying before bed can be advantageous because it will be the last thing that you do during the day. This means that your brain is going to spend more time processing the material that you have just finished looking over. When you go to sleep, your brain is going to process this information through the dreaming process.  When you wake up, you will find that you remember what you studied quite clearly.

Now I hope you have your own answer - what is the best time to study. Last but not least, having good studying habits is important if you wish to be successful as a college student. One secret to good studying is not about the time to study, it's about the ability to study at the same time each day. 

How do you think? Let me see your opinion below.

2 comments:

  1. Good post. It applies equally to my situation where I work full time but engage in novel writing, blog posting etc, in the evenings. How does one work 9 to 5 and still have the energy to crank out a thousand words or another chapter? Without staying up too late and feeling drowsy the next day at your desk? I have never been a morning person. I used to have a two hour snooze from 6-8pm after work, then make dinner. From about 10pm to 2am I'd indulge in my writing. This worked well for a 9 to 5 role that was not too demanding. But when I entered a more senior position with longer hours I found my mind occupied more with work and had to leave the writing to the weekend. I have never tried waking early to write in the morning. I must give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dan Wild: Thanks for sharing your working schedule. It seems you're such a busy bee. And it's because habit is so hard to change, so you dont need to break your usual timetable. Just sometimes try walking up in the early morning and enjoy the fresh air ^^ good luck!

    ReplyDelete